Bou of Boudicca's Voice has suggested that we all look back and think about the top ten people of 2005. (By the way, Bou is having surgery this A.M. so please send some good thoughts her way!)
The Ten can be people that have helped us the most this past year. The help could be little things, or big things like making our lives easier or bigger like making the world a better place. So, I'm not sure if I can come up with 10, can you?
1. My son. He hasn't made my life easier, but he sure has made my life more worth living every day. And he is so smoochy!
2. My husband, for all the little things he does when I can't get home from work. For his love and support and nice ass.
3. Chrissy, for being a wonderful friend and offering sound advice when needed.
4. George W. Bush. Sure he is loathed in some circles, and sure I can't say I agree with him on everything. But he has a plan to root out terrorism where it is born and for that he has made my world a better place.
5. While not a single person, per se, I am going to send my thanks and recognition to the members of our Armed Forces who defend my life day and night. For those who have paid the ultimate price, my eternal thanks. You (except for a dishonorable few) have made my world a better place and you deserve to be recognized on every list.
6. and 7. My Aunt and Uncle. I met them for the first time in my life, just this year. It was an eyeopening and learning experience that has enriched my life like almost no other experience has. I am privileged to have met them, honored to be part of the family, and humbled to have so much when they had so little.
8. Everyone who gave of themselves to help those in need after Katrina and other disasters here in the US this year.
9. The elderly couple at the local diner who gave my son a dollar when he was crying just to make him smile.
10. My babysitter, for filling in my role as mom when I can't be there to hold my son and tell him what a good job he has done on something or to just fix him a snack.
There you have it. My top ten list for 2005. I left some out I am sure.
Have a Happy New Year Everyone. May you each experience something wonderful in the coming year.